Click here to register for the Focus Group
Woodland Park School District is excited to engage in a Strategic Planning process that will influence all future, developing, and existing initiatives and innovations. Our goal is to develop a robust strategic plan that drives the district’s day-to-day work and articulates a compelling message: When a preschooler enters our doors, what kind of promise can we deliver on by the time he or she graduates from high school?
Key criteria for the strategic plan should:
- Reflect the values, outcomes, priorities, and wisdom of our community;
- Capitalize on the promising work already underway throughout the district;
- Be a dynamic, living document that is regularly revisited and updated;
- Engage the Board of Education strategically as a governing body to set the long-term vision; and
- Include a process for development and monitoring of the plan that takes into account the available resources within the district.
Overall Process and Timelines
- Phase 1: November 2nd & 3rd – Gather Input from Community Focus Groups
- Purpose: Gather and summarize focus group input regarding values, desired outcomes, and priorities for the Woodland Park School District Re-2 to inform the development of a community survey and ultimately a multi-year strategic plan.
- Click here to register for the Focus Group
- Phase 2: December 2017 – Survey Community
- Phase 3: Winter 2017 – Develop and Prioritize Strategic Objectives
- Phase 4: Spring 2017 – Develop Robust Strategic Design
- Implementation: 2017-18 School Year